Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Swimming class

We signed the girls up for swimming classes at the YMCA this fall. It's a 4 week program with 2 classes a week.


Their teacher's name is Mr. Mike. This is Eliza here - she wouldn't let go of Mr. Mike's arm - I was by the side of the pool as they were practicing and overheard him trying to reassure her that she would be okay and he wouldn't let go of her. She seemed a bit apprehensive about everything except for holding onto the pool wall. Isabelle on the other hand was quite adventurous. I would've never pictured their personalities developing this way.


Here they are after class was over. They were disappointed they couldn't stay and play. Another mom there asked me halfway through class if they were twins. A common question. I didn't think to ask her the same thing. I found out after class was over that the three other kids in the class were triplet girls...two identical, one fraternal. Their mom's name? Kim.

Weird.

One of the most exciting things about having the girls in this class for me is that I get to see them being independent, relying on another adult for instruction and growth, and socializing on their own with other kids. I know a lot of parents get sad as they see their children grow up, but the dominating emotion I'm feeling is excitement and anticipation at seeing each of them grow and develop into their own person.

1 comment:

  1. How funny! So many multiples in the same class!

    And those girls ARE getting big, Kim!

    ReplyDelete