Thursday, September 24, 2009

It's a love/hate thing

I love technology sometimes. Other times, I hate it.

Like the time our laptop crashed and we lost years worth of pictures. Years of my life stored on this little tiny machine, vanished in a matter of seconds. And not just any pictures, but pictures from our first year of marriage, from our stint in France; you know, irreplacable stuff. I learned a valuable lesson that day. Don't put 100% faith in technology - ever. Your computer does not love your pictures as much as you do. No sweat of its back if you lose your term paper.

Or like the time when I thought that it would simplify my life if I changed my email address. Now I just have twice as much junk mail to sort through.

Or like the time when I accidentally deleted our blog.

Curse you, google. Curse you.

5 comments:

  1. that does suck ... but at least we can follow you here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that stinks. Big time.

    2 things:

    1) The cache of your blog is still up, in case you want to save your old posts for posterity's sake (here)

    2) Mozy.com -- we store our pictures online there. Once our hard drive crashed and we lost all our pictures of our wedding, Jordan, and baby Rachel. But, they were backed up by Mozy and we got them back.

    Just sayin'.

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah we lost some pictures too when the computer crahed. Now all my pics are saved on one of those memory sticks...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Kim, that stinks big time! I totally loved your old blog - what a huge loss. But I like this one too!!! When stuff like that happens to me, I try to think about it in the eternal perspective... in heaven we're not going to wish we had our pictures still - 'cause we can't take 'em with us anyway!! So, somehow it'll all work out. I'm so sorry though!

    ReplyDelete