Thursday, September 24, 2009

3 year old logic

Last night before bed, Eliza said our family prayer.

Good opening. Great closing. However, the content of her prayer included only one misguided request.

Please bless the food.

They have had trouble with this since they first started saying prayers. I've tried to help them realize we don't need to bless the food when we're going to bed. I repeated this again last night and asked her to try again.

She sat there and thought for a minute.

Good opening. Great closing. Again, her prayer included a single request.

Please bless not the food.

I just sat there and giggled.

5 comments:

  1. So cute! I love it when kids pray. They say the most (unintentionally) funny things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome! Eric and now Lily have said some pretty funny things in their prayers. But most of the time at meal prayers I have to remind them to bless the food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love their logic and all of the funny things they come up with. How funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol - that's great! Amy is saying funny things in her prayers too - it's so fun to listen to her pray. Frankly, I love the entertainment when Amy wants to pray. But then I wonder if I'm being irreverent because prayer's aren't really supposed to be for entertainment, right?
    :-)
    -Daddy Parks (Using wifey's account cuz I'm lazy)

    ReplyDelete