Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pumpkin Patch 2009

Saturday, we went in search of the perfect pumpkin. We had to search (drive) far and wide for it, but we came home victorious. The weather was very fall-esque (read: cold and windy), but we had a great time as a family taking part in this quintessential autumn ritual.


Pre-feeding
It took some coaxing to get Eliza to let the goats eat out of her hand. At first she would just throw the food into the pen and hope the animals found it, but then daddy showed her the ropes and we got this...


Post-feeding
This shot is priceless - the animals' tongues tickled the girls hands as they ate which sent the girls into fits of laughter.


Mommy and the girls by another animal pen


Eliza atop a giant pumpkin. Kids were allowed to climb all over the pumpkin piles here, which made for dirty pumpkins, but happy kids.


Seriously? Both girls' eyes closed? Come on! I must've spent half the trip begging and pleading for these two darlings to look, smile, say cheese, sit still...and still this is all I got. Oh well, at least Taber can follow directions.

We ended up with one giant family pumpkin that weighed 36 lbs., one baby orange pumpkin for Isabelle and one teeny tiny white pumpkin for Eliza. I couldn't find my perfect pumpkin, so I'm settling for some of the smaller, homegrown variety. While Carmichael's Pumpkin Patch (171st & Mingo, in Bixby, OK) was decent, it made me miss the one we would go to as a family each year at the Big Red Barn in Santaquin, UT. For you Utah folks, go visit this pumpkin patch. And while you're there, if you wouldn't mind, take a hayride, enjoy the view, and find the perfect pumpkin for me.

2 comments:

  1. you silly, I am only 13 weeks and 5 days with a million more days to go:) We WILL see you in a couple of weeks!!! and where is my other comment??? i posted one saying i loved the pictures, but it says 0 comments. Are you ignoring my comments?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the goat pic thats awesome! The girls are getting soooooo big and grown up looking. Miss you guys terribly!

    ReplyDelete